About Kinane Events and the Frontwave Credit Union O'Side Turkey Trot
Kinane Events has specialized in Southern California event marketing and management for more than 28 years.
Established in 1991, the award-winning Kinane Events team has managed more than 180 large participatory sporting events.
Kinane Events has started and created the foundation for many of Southern California’s legendary events, providing key management decisions during their fastest periods of growth.
- 1992 – 2006 – OC RACE FOR THE CURE – 28,000 participants
- 1991 – 2004 – SD Liberty Run/walk – Freedom from Domestic Violence – 4,000 participants
- 2000 – 2003 Dana Point Turkey Trot – 8,000 participants
- 2000 – US Olympic Equestrian Trials – Oaks/Blenheim – 8,000 participants
- 2001 – Present – Santa Anita Derby Day – 5,000 participants
- 2004 – Nike One Hit Wonder – 20,000 participants
- 2006 – 2015 – Surf City USA Marathon – 21,000 participants
- 2006 to Present – O’side Turkey Trot – 10,000 participants
Kathy Kinane is President of Kinane Events and has been recognized as Race Director of the Year by Competitor Magazine. A resident of Carlsbad, Kathy was a qualifier for the first United States Women’s Olympic Marathon Trials in 1984. She is passionate about fitness and health, as well as giving back to her community. Under her direction, the Frontwave Credit Union O’Side Turkey Trot has raised more than $321,000 for local schools and non-profit organizations in its 13 years. She also created the Move Your Feet Before You Eat!® Foundation, to help solve the healthcare crisis one step at a time.
The Kinane Events Team manage all aspects of an event from marketing to operations. The average tenure of our crew is 16 years.